SAN ANTONIO – A huge 43 save night from Ville Husso led the San Antonio Rampage to a 2-1 shootout victory over the Rockford IceHogs in front of 6,043 fans at the AT&T Center on Friday evening.
The win was the second straight for the Silver and Black, who won just 24 hours earlier against Cleveland Monsters. Julien Nantel’s goal in the second period marked the lone tally of the night for San Antonio.
Here is what went good and bad for the Rampage, as well as two standout players: Husso, and Nantel.
- Ville Husso had his best game as a member of the Rampage. More that in a moment.
- The Rampage penalty kill was perfect, stopping all six Rockford chances on the man advantage.
- Julien Nantel continues to impress.
- San Antonio was awful on the defensive end of the ice, allowing a whopping 44 shots from the IceHogs.
- The Rampage continue to struggle remaining disciplined as they allowed Rockford to get six power play chances in the game.
Three Standout Players:
Ville Husso: The Rampage net minder had his best game in a Rampage sweater on Friday. He stopped 43 shots from Rockford, including three big stops in the overtime period. After missing time with injury and returning, the St. Louis Blues prospect has been solid between the pipes.
San Antonio has Husso to thank for the win, since their defense was not up to par on Friday evening.
Julien Nantel: The Colorado Avalanche continues to impress with his improved play and that took another step in the right direction. Nantel scored a goal in the game, continuing to earn Coach Eric Veilleux’s trust in the process.